Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We're Back

We had students today. We're back. The Spring 2008 Semester begins.

Grades are due by midnight Thursday and some of my colleagues are still grading. Thank God I'm done!

Most students were happy with their grades. Some weren't. Some of my seniors failed Gov't. They have to pass to graduate. That means Night School. I had a lot more Juniors who failed US History. Most of them didn't show up today.

District mandated in-service yesterday, followed by a faculty meeting today. Today we started haggling over which schedule we'll have next year. I have my preferences, I'd really like to see every student every day, but any of the proposed schedules is better than the stupid flex schedule we have now. It was bad last year; it's worse this year.

I guess I'll be going to Instructional Council meetings again, at least until this gets settled.

No comments: