Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Merry Testing Season!

And the first shot was fired across our/their bow.

Today we began our High School Competency Exam. This is generally administered to sophomores, but since it's required (by State law) to graduate, we had a lot of juniors and seniors doing make-ups. The sophs will continue on in their English classes for the rest of the week (everyone has an English class). The rest are done for this year.

I had junior make-ups in my classroom. They just had to do the sections they still needed, and they could leave. I had 30 students on my roster; 17 showed up.

And of course, this is just the beginning. Next month is A2L to determine what the boys and girls will need for remediation next year (no computer labs available to regular classes during this), and in March we have the Standards Based Assessment for NCLB. And all of these are counted as instruction days. Go figure. (Do I have a lot of parenthetical asides in this post?)

No comments: