Monday, September 10, 2007

Good Monday

Today was a good day. I was in a good mood all day. I'm wiped. All that teaching is tiring.

Plus, I turned in at least 10 more attendance referrals. That makes over 30 in the past week. Almost a third of them were 2nd timers. If we could come up with a better system for dealing with no-shows, I wouldn't be doing as much.

Anyway, we're rolling right along in both US Hist & Gov. The Declaration of Independence in both preps. I'm going to be so tired of summaries of that thing. Fortunately, I won't have to revisit it for a year.

I tracked down the boy from 5th that I thought had my TE of the Gov book. He pointed me in the direction of another boy, who said he left it on the desk. I know it wasn't there. Today, I announced to the class that I was searching for it. I was just starting to offer a reward when I saw it sitting on the bookshelf next to those boys, along with an empty Powerade bottle. I don't know if it had been there all along. The first boy told me he thinks the second boy put it there when he came in today. Either way, it's back.

1 comment:

Ms. V. said...

I just had a long conversation with my 8th graders on why the Pilgrims left Europe. They didn't know.

I blogged it, but really all they need to do is listen to Eddie Izzard (Dressed to Kill). LOL

(I teach English).
Nice blog!