Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring Break

Thank God!

I was getting tired of them. They were getting tired of me. We all needed a break.

We spent a good portion of the week with PowerPoint presentations. They did okay on the PPTs, considering it was the first time for most of them. The presentations were a different story. I put a notice on the board to NOT read the slides to the rest of us. I read it out loud to them. Then most of them proceeded to read the slides. Their final project (no exam) will be a presentation. We'll work on it again before then. (Seven weeks of instruction!)

I brought a ton of grading home for the break. I really should be able to go through it quickly, I just need to sit with it. When we get back, I'll be presenting every student with a progress report to be signed by a parent and returned. This is mostly CYA for the seniors who are hoping to graduate in May. Eyes will open.

No comments: