Thursday, March 15, 2007

Projects

My wife and I are collaborating. I'm taking my 2 US History classes into her Computer Apps classes to do PowerPoint presentations on WWII. Her students are teachinng mine how to create the PowerPoints. My students provide the content and her students provide the skill.

We weren't sure how it would go today. I didn't get word through to my inclusion teacher, so he brought his 5 students in unprepared. My wife was worried that the 9th & 10th graders in her 3rd period would be intimidated by the 11th graders in my class. Both classes worked well. With the exception of my perpetual whiner in 3rd whining about her topic, everyone was able to work. What I saw looked good. They were working together. We were both pleased. They have tomorrow to finish up.

My econ classes have been working all week on a "moving out" project. They're hunting apartments and furnishing them. It's been a hoot watching them. They've called numbers in ads and come back to tell me, "Ads lie!" Several boys discovered sofa beds and think they're the neatest things they've ever seen. One boy who's opted to live alone asked me if I'd heard of freecycle.com. They're working so hard on this in all 3 classes that I could walk out after I get them started and they'd never notice.

No comments: