Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Schedule

I went to a meeting after school today about next year's schedule. It was an emergency Instructional Council meeting where the Schedule Task Force presented their findings and recommendations to the IC and anyone else who wanted to attend. Most of Social Studies was there. We had by far the largest turnout of any department. But we've got one member who's on the task force and others who have had a rather heated email discussion going with him for over a week.

We're going to a block schedule next year. That's a done deal. Teachers get to vote on which type of schedule, AB or 4x4. The task force is recommending the 4x4.

I've never worked under either schedule, so I have to go by the information they presented today. I know which way I'm leaning. We probably won't know the results until March.

No comments: