Friday, August 1, 2008

And It's Almost Over

We go back on Wednesday. We get students the following Tuesday. (sigh)

I've been into my classroom a few times, trying to set up. I got new furniture over the summer. I actually got more than I expected in the form of bookcases and storage cabinets. I wanted to arrange the student desks differently from last year, but I've got a half dozen more than I had and there just isn't room. I need those desks, though, since I have sophomores this year. My teacher desk is up on 2X4's because it's so small that that's the only way my knees will fit under it. And I'm only 6'3". Still, it's wonderful to have all these nice, clean, unblemished desks.

On the downside, I have no network connection. They've been doing a major remodel on the wing next to our portables, and we won't be reconnected until the day we start. I've got a whole bunch of stuff on the server and no access to it. I've just been working off of thumb drives. And I have to blog from home. I'm sitting on our front porch right now with my laptop and a cup of coffee, occasionally glancing at the roadrunner hunting lizards in the community area across the street. Man, he's fast!

I'm going to our church's Men's Retreat this weekend. It centered around meditation, so I'll be mellow on Monday.

No comments: